The content of this course has been designed in close consultation with industry professionals so that you can be confident your learning will future-proof you for a dynamic and competitive job market.
We are committed to your professional development and encourage our students to regularly self-reflect and provide peer-to-peer feedback. As one of our students, you’ll build confidence, learn to recognise your personal strengths and identify transferable skills - all essential attributes for employment and a sustainable practice beyond graduating.
During the programme, you’ll get the opportunity to work on live project briefs and benefit from a regular programme of visiting lecturers who work in the industry. We have developed strong industry links, such as with greetings card manufacturers Hallmark, who frequently offer students valuable internships, giving them fantastic vocational opportunities as well as connecting them directly with prestigious industry professionals.
Our strong international connections also allow our students to take a semester of study with one of our partner institutions within Europe and North America, and in turn, we welcome overseas students from those institutions to join us in our studios, creating an exciting cultural exchange.
- Commercial/Freelance Illustrators
- In-House Illustrators/Designers
- Children’s Book Illustrators
- Concept Artists/Designers
- Studio Managers
- Art Directors
- Lecturers/ Teachers
- Mike Coombs 2014 graduate: Junior Designer and Concept Artist at Design by Touch – working on toy design and invention.
- Jordan Wray 2014 graduate: Employed by Tiger Print and represented by Astound, New York.
- Tobey (Mole) Brown 2011 graduate: Designer for Lego at their headquarters in Denmark.
- Lize Meddings 2012 graduate: Freelance Illustrator and zine-maker – Sad Ghost Club.
- James Rae 2015 graduate: design, illustration & animation for Papaya Pods in Barcelona.
- Jack Viant 2015 graduate: Freelance Illustrator.
- Sam Thorne 2014 graduate: Junior Art Director at social media marketing agency 33 Seconds – clients include Amazon and Peugeot.
- Stu Harmer 2014 graduate: Freelance Illustrator for Newaza Apparel (Los Angeles), StickerBomb (NY), Hunger Club and more.