Professional practice is embedded within all of our programmes. Throughout your studies, you will have the opportunity to develop the key professional, transferable skills for employability in the creative industries and potentially work in partnership with other sectors locally, regionally, nationally or internationally.
In close consultation with Industry Liaison Groups, who help inform the development of our higher education curriculum, we have placed real-world experience at the heart of our BA (Hons) Fashion Communication course.
This is a dynamic programme that responds in real-time to shifts in the fashion industry. Your learning environment will be enriched with an enviable programme of client briefs, competitions, work placements and guest speakers.
You will work with industry professionals to create visual branding, professional lookbooks and moving image projects, developing your online marketing skills and helping you pursue an original approach to fashion communication.
- Dean Huse, The Protagonist, Magazine Editor
- Ram Shirgill, Vogue, Photographer
- Kylie Griffiths, Vice, Stylist
- Liam Fuller, Fashion Photographer & Retoucher
- Amy Gwatkin, Fashion Filmmaker
- David Gray, Finisterre, Creative Director
- Dr Manrutt Wongkaew, Art Director and Stylist
- Patternity Fashion Bloggers
- Jonny Ayres, Future Lab, Business Manager
- Cassie Fitzpatrick, Amazon Fashion, Senior Trends Analyst
- Elisabeth Krohn, Sabat & Suspira Magazines, Editor
- Dot Burns, ID, Dazed and Love, Fashion Producer
- Denzel Currie, Pentland Brands
- Ellie Moss, Ellesse, Brand Manager
- Daniel Langhorn, Size?, Multi-Channel Lead
- Chloe Hodgkinson, ProDirect FIT, Producer
- Mike Neale, End. Stylist.
Throughout the year we’ll also provide the opportunity to visit major trade fairs and fashion shows, including London and Paris Fashion Week, where you can make meaningful connections with employers and professional collaborators from the world of image-making, fashion publishing and PR.
Our strong international connections also allow our students to take a semester of study with one of our partner institutions within Europe and North America, and in turn, we welcome overseas students from those institutions to join us in our studios, creating an exciting cultural exchange.
Graduates can become; creative directors, art directors, fashion filmmakers, fashion photographers, journalists, stylists, content producers, social media managers, visual merchandisers, trend forecasters, buyers, PR and marketing coordinators, brand managers and event managers.