Extended Diploma (16+)
Our Level 3 Extended Diplomas, accredited by UAL, are equivalent to three full A-levels, or a maximum of 168 UCAS points. Students will be supported to progress to Higher Education at Plymouth College of Art, another university or into employment. We normally offer places to students who have at least four GCSEs at grade A* to C including English and preferably with one in a creative subject (or 9-4 in the new grading scheme), and who show commitment and enthusiasm for art and design through examples of creative work.
- + UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design
- + UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Fashion & Textiles)
- + UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Film, Animation & Media Production)
- + UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Graphics, Illustration & Game Arts)
- + UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Photography)
Foundation Diploma (18+)
Our Foundation Diploma, validated by University of the Arts London, is a chance for students to discover, experiment and explore across a wide range of disciplines – as well as maximise their chances of gaining a First if they decide to progress on to degree level study. We offer places to students who have an L3 qualification and a GCSE profile of at least 5 A*-C grades (or 9-4 in the grading scheme) including English and Maths and a combination of AS and A-Level qualifications (with one in a creative subject). We also welcome applications from mature students who may not have the qualification profile – but who have other experience and knowledge. All applicants need to show a portfolio of creative work that reflects their passion, enthusiasm and commitment for art, design and media.