We are delighted to announce that this year’s Plymouth College of Art Graduation Ceremony will be held at the Theatre Royal Plymouth on Sunday 26 November. We hope you will welcome the chance to honour your academic achievement with the college and enjoy the early opportunity for a student reunion on such a special occasion.
Doors open at 11.00am, with gowning and photography taking place at the Theatre from 11.30am onwards. Students, family & friends, as well as college lecturers and VIPs will later be welcomed to their seats by 1.45pm, ready for the ceremony to start at 2pm.
After the ceremony, all guests are invited to attend a complimentary drinks reception and continue the well-deserved celebrations into the evening.
As a graduating student you will be allocated one free ticket for yourself, whilst guest tickets for friends & family are £22.50 each. Due to capacity restrictions at the venue, at present, you are limited to two guest tickets each. Additional tickets will become available closer to the date - you will be notified by email.
Ticket booking is now live until Sunday 1 October, after this date we shall assess the number of leftover seats and release for resale. If you wish to guarantee your two guest tickets you must ensure you book before this date once booking opens.
* If you have any special requirements such as wheelchair access, visual or hearing impairment please email details to email@example.com or contact us on +44 (0)1752 203434 ext 805.
Please follow the link above to book tickets online through the Theatre Royal Plymouth website.
- Tickets must be booked by Sunday 1 October.
- All tickets must be booked under the graduating student’s name
- All tickets must be booked in a single transaction
If you do not book your guest tickets along with your complimentary ticket you will not be able to make a second booking.
* If you have any special requirements or would prefer to book over the phone please call the Box Office on +44 (0)1752 267222. Alternatively, you can visit the Theatre Royal and speak with a member of the front of house team in person.
Graduation robes must be booked prior to the ceremony via gown provider Ede & Ravenscroft, not the venue. Please visit Ede & Ravenscroft's website and click on “Hire a Gown” via “Academic Dress”, then enter 'Plymouth College of Art' and complete the order form.
If you require accommodation, please see hotels below who are offering a special discounted rate for Plymouth College of Art graduates, friends and family. Please check your emails for the discount code to quote when making your booking.
Alternatively, Visit Plymouth has a list of recommended accommodation providers – check out their website.
Discount rail fare
Whether you’re visiting us for the day or turning your trip into a week of reunions, our friends at Great Western Railway are pleased to offer 20% off advance purchase fares to Plymouth. This offer may be used in conjunction with railcards, t&c apply. Click to book.
Please share your experience of this year's Degree Shows in our annual survey, it only takes 5 minutes. Your feedback will help shape future events, and one lucky participant will be picked at random to win a £50 Amazon gift voucher. Take survey.
Tips for the day
- Don’t wear your hair up as your mortar board (hat) may not stay on. You may want to bring kirby hair grips to help keep your mortarboard in place.
- If wearing a shirt, make sure the collar is stiff enough to pin your gown and hood to.
- Only wear high heeled shoes if you feel brave enough to ascend and descend the steep stairs!
- Bring some safety pins too so that you can attach your gown/hood to your clothes.
To reach the venue, allow around 15 minutes to walk from the train station and 10 minutes walk from the bus station – although most local buses stop on Royal Parade.
If you are arriving in Plymouth by car you will be able to park at any one of the car parks located in the town centre – most of which are just a short walking distance away from the venue. There are three Pay and Display car parks close to the Theatre.
Should you have any further queries or need help with booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1752 203434. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 26 November to celebrate your achievements.
What: Graduation 2017
When: Sunday 26 November 2017, 11am onwards.
Where: Theatre Royal Plymouth