Becky is a textile designer based in South West England. Her work combines new technologies with traditional craft to produce thought-provoking knitwear and textile collections. Becky works across fashion and bespoke craft disciplines engaging with each part of the make process to produce psychedelic energetic artworks.
Becky is currently undertaking a part-time MA in Textile Design exploring relational art and multi-textural artworks with 35 participants. For this project, she is exploring tufting, knitting, and crochet. Her MA project explores participatory design, symbol analysis and embracing the unknown in textile design.
Becky works part-time at Plymouth College of Art lecturing on the BA (Hons) Textile Practices course. Previously she lectured on the BA (Hons) Fashion course.
- Renaissance Moves 2019 Arts Council and Creative Technology Network South West Funded(Embroidery)
- For the Love 2018-19 (Knitwear)
- Cats and Flowers 2018 (Art Works for Prints and Cross Stitch)
- Family 2017-18 (Knitwear)
- Fuzzy Boobs and Merkins 2017 (Tufted Textiles for Garments)
- Metamorphosis 2015-2016 Arts Council Funded (Knitwear)
- Wendell 2013 (Knitwear)
- Hundertwasser 2012 (Knitwear)
- Psychedelic Seraphine 2011 (Knitwear)
VICE Magazine, Tribe Magazine, Simply Knitting, Knit Now, Herald.