In response to UK Government guidance on the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Plymouth College of Art is suspending all face-to-face teaching from end of day Wednesday 18 March for all students (pre-degree, extended-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate) until after the Easter break (14th April for Pre-Degree and 20th April for undergraduate and postgraduate).
- All face-to-face teaching suspended from 6pm on Wednesday 18th March.
- All resources, workshops and Library closed from 4pm on Thursday 19th March, self-directed work continues until after the Easter break.
- Friday 20th and Saturday 21st March the College is closed.
- Sunday 22nd March the College is closed as normal.
- Monday 23rd March the College is only open to students who are submitting work, from 10am until 4pm (Referrals & Extenuating Circumstances from the January submission period). The College will close at 6pm on Monday.
- From 6pm on Monday 23rd of March, all buildings within the College campus will be closed to students until after the Easter break (14th April for Pre-Degree and 20th April for undergraduate and postgraduate).
If you or someone you have come into contact with has displayed symptoms of coronavirus you should self-isolate for fourteen days (regardless of whether you have travelled to affected areas). If you live alone this period is reduced to seven days, from the point of showing symptoms. Symptoms are defined as a high temperature (37.8 degrees and above) and a new, continuous cough. For more information on the college's response to COVID-19 please click here.
Reporting Student Absence
To report any absence please contact your Subject Leader/Lecturer as soon as possible and complete the new Absence & Illness Reporting Form. If you are a parent or guardian reporting an absence on behalf of a student please use the same link.
If your absence relates to coronavirus please also email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss with you the best way to support your studies in these unpredictable circumstances. For more information please visit our Coronavirus page for FAQs and regular updates as the situation evolves.
Reporting Staff Absence
Please report any absence to your Line Manager and on the new Absence & Illness Reporting Form. You should also contact HR via the absence line number [01752 203420 or freephone 0800 9530100]. If there is nobody in the HR Office to take your call then please leave a message. If you are unable to phone but can email, then please email the HR department centrally on email@example.com.
If your absence relates to coronavirus please also email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will discuss your options for remote working and ensure students are fully supported with their studies. For more information please visit our Coronavirus page for FAQs and regular updates as the situation evolves.