Professional practice is embedded within all of our programmes. Throughout your studies, you will have the opportunity to develop the key professional, transferable skills for employability in the creative industries and potentially work in partnership with other sectors locally, regionally, nationally or internationally.
Bringing your studies to life in industry is central to your experience as an aspiring Interior Design and Styling professional. Through the college’s Industry Liaison Groups you’ll gain access to local and international brands and agencies, visiting Decorex, Chelsea Harbour and many other interior-related events in London and Europe to help you build your network of companies and products.
Our teaching staff bring a wealth of interiors experience, including design and decoration for major hotel chains, shop fittings and private accommodation. Study trips to the international trade fair Maison & Objet in Paris also provide students with the chance to see cutting-edge installs up-close, developing a professional network and broadening their awareness of trend.
We also hold fantastic connections with many well-respected furniture and material suppliers and they regularly contribute to the course through visiting lectures, live briefs and collaborative projects.
The college’s strong international connections allow students to take a semester of study with one of our partner institutions within Europe and North America, and in turn, we welcome overseas students from those institutions to join us in our design studios, creating an exciting cultural exchange.
Graduates become: Interior & Spatial Designers, Interior Product Designers & Makers, Set Designers, Exhibition Designers, Product Stylists, Trend Forecasters, Retail Buyers/Merchandisers, Magazine Stylists, Interior Decorators, Freelance artists and designers.
Take a look at some of our recent alumni, and the exciting brands they have gone on to work for:
- Kate Bond, Pfeiffer Design Ltd - Interior Designers for Brighton & Sussex. Read about Kate's six month internship with internationally renowned furniture company Vitra here.
- Ewan Pogson, Wearth London
- Lydia Hughes, Wearth London
- Kelly Rice, Lang & Potter
- Anna Wycliffe Jones worked for luxury yacht manufacturer Princess Yachts before launching her own interior styling company, Anna Georgina Interiors
- Cesar Waters works for Dartington-based high-end virtual tour creators Archilime, who make bespoke interior and exterior CGI, VR, fly-through and fly-over animations and drone photography and films for property developers.
- Emma Payne, Modus London
- Amy Rouse, launched her own interior product range using concrete - shop AR Desiigns here.