We are committed to your professional development and encourage our students to regularly self-reflect and provide peer-to-peer feedback. As one of our students, you’ll build confidence, learn to recognise your personal strengths and identify transferable skills - all essential attributes for employment and a sustainable practice beyond graduating.
During the programme, you’ll get the opportunity to work on live project briefs and benefit from a regular programme of visiting lecturers who work in the industry.
Our strong international connections also allow our students to take a semester of study with one of our partner institutions within Europe and North America, and in turn, we welcome overseas students from those institutions to join us in our studios, creating an exciting cultural exchange.
Graduates become commercial or freelance illustrators, in-house illustrators and designers, printmakers, children’s book illustrators, concept artists, studio managers, art directors, entrepreneurs.
- Mike Coombs: Junior Designer and Concept Artist at Design by Touch – working on toy design and invention.
- Jordan Wray: Employed by Tiger Print and represented by Astound, New York. jordanwray.com/
- Tobey (Mole) Brown: Freelance (formerly Lego)
- Lize Meddings: Freelance Illustrator and zine-maker – Sad Ghost Club.
- James Rae: Freelance illustrator (Formerly design, illustration & animation for Papaya Pods in Barcelona) jamesraedesign.com/index.html
- Jack Viant: Freelance Illustrator. Jiantillustration.co.uk
- Sam Thorne: Junior Art Director at social media marketing agency 33 Seconds – clients include Amazon and Peugeot. www.samuelbthorne.com
- Stu Harmer: Freelance Illustrator for Newaza Apparel (Los Angeles), StickerBomb (NY), Hunger Club and more.
- Emily Dymond: Freelance illustrator for brand packaging and textiles — co-founded Native Makers. https://cargocollective.com/emilydymond/ABOUT
- Sayra Begum: Illustrator and author of comic ‘Mongrel’.http://www.sayra.co.uk/
- Jake Williams: Freelance illustrator for The New York Times, Pavilion Books, The Telegraph and more. www.jakewilliams.co.uk/
- Warren Curry: Freelance Illustrator for Harrods, Culture Trip, Forpure Brewing www.warrencurryillustration.com/
- Ben Challen: Print Producer at Jealous London