In close consultation with Industry Liaison Groups, who help inform the development of our higher education curriculum, we have placed real-world experience at the heart of our BA (Hons) Fashion Design course.
Here you will develop professional skills through real-world internships and visits to entrepreneurs and brands, as well as through specialist industry speakers and our expert academics and technicians, who are all experienced fashion practitioners.
Throughout your studies, you will acquire the skills and confidence needed to work across a wide spectrum of careers in fashion, as a designer, consultant, buyer, stylist, or illustrator, amongst many other roles.
We will equip you with the professional, transferable skills needed for employment in the global fashion industry and our strong international connections allow students to take a semester of study with one of our partner institutions within Europe and North America. In turn, we welcome overseas students from those institutions to join us in our design studios, creating an exciting cultural exchange.
You will be encouraged to take up opportunities for work experience; former students have taken placements with J.W. Anderson, Mary Katrantzou, Jonathan Saunders, Alexander McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Lulu Guinness and at London Fashion Week. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your work at Graduate Fashion Week in London, and industry events in Paris, Munich, New York, and Berlin – providing excellent opportunities for professional networking.
Graduates can become: fashion designers, knitwear designers, stylists, buyers, tailors, fashion illustrators, pattern cutters, trend forecasters, visual merchandisers, studio managers, garment technologists, production coordinators, merchandisers, and lecturers.
- Jade Rogers, Designer at Makers HQ
- Milly Devine, Production Coordinator at New Girl Order
- Jemima Smale, Graduate Placement at Julien Macdonald, Garment Maker at Westward Bound Latex
- Chloe Gee, Graduate Placement at Vivienne Westwood, Designer at Pretty Little Thing
Amy Bray, Graduate Placement at Pentland Brands
Abigail Shaeffer & Inuta Ulme, Fashion Entrepreneurs at Mukta
Lan Chen, Graduate Placement at Hiut Denim
Jake Visser, Fashion Entrepreneur at The Reclaimers
- Rob Tarasek, Pattern Cutter for Alexander McQueen
- Laura Duncan, Designer, Marwood
Georgia Cook, Marketing and Social Media at RIO
- Natasha Hutchins, runs her own brand and bespoke pattern making service at NHPatterns
- Anna Boast, Designer at River Island
- Amy Shaw, Talent Scout for AllSaints