BA (Hons) Degrees
Our three-year BA Honours degrees demand an energetic and inquisitive approach to critically underpinned practice, which is central to all the programmes. As well as producing practical creative outcomes to a range of projects and live assignments you will also be expected to contextualise your ideas culminating in the writing of a dissertation which is often very influential on the development of practical work and vice versa.
We offer places to students who have a GCSE profile of at least five GCSEs, grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), including English Language. Applicants also need a portfolio and 112 - 120 UCAS points, earned through: an Art & Design Foundation Diploma, A-levels, BTEC Extended Diploma MMM grade, Access to HE Art & Design, Irish/Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers, the International Baccalaureate, or other international qualifications.
We welcome applications from candidates without formal qualifications who can provide evidence of their creativity. We also welcome applications directly into the second and third years of our BA (Hons) programmes from students from other degree courses nationally, and from those from Foundation Degrees and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) who want to complete their full BA (Hons). The tariff points shown online are valid for the current application cycle only, and for entry in September 2020, or for deferred entry in September 2021.
Please contact our Admissions team on +44 (0)1752 203400 if you would like to discuss your options for studying with us.
Order or download our Prospectus here.
- + BA (Hons) 3D Design Crafts
- + BA (Hons) Animation
- + BA (Hons) Animation & Games *Launching Sept 2021
- + BA (Hons) Commercial Photography for Fashion, Advertising and Editorial
- + BA (Hons) Costume Production & Associated Crafts
- + BA (Hons) Creative Technologies *Launching Sept 2021
- + BA (Hons) Digital Media Production
- + BA (Hons) Fashion
- + BA (Hons) Fashion Media & Marketing
- + BA (Hons) Film & Screen Arts
- + BA (Hons) Film Studies
- + BA (Hons) Fine Art
- + BA (Hons) Game Arts
- + BA (Hons) Graphic Communication
- + BA (Hons) Illustration
- + BA (Hons) Interior Decoration, Design & Styling
- + BA (Hons) Media & Cultural Studies *Launching Sept 2021
- + BA (Hons) Museum Studies *Launching in Sept 2021
- + BA (Hons) Painting, Drawing & Printmaking
- + BA (Hons) Photography
- + BA (Hons) Printed Textile Design & Surface Pattern
- + BA (Hons) Sound Arts *Launching Sept 2021
- + BA (Hons) Textile Practices
Extended BA (Hons) Degrees
This entry year programme is year one of a four year degree and is designed as a preparatory year to ready you for the transition to the full degree programme of your choice. It provides opportunity to develop your portfolio and technical skills in a specialist subject area. We offer places to students who have at least five GCSEs, grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), including English Language and a combination of AS and A-level qualifications or equivalent (with one in a creative subject). We also welcome applications from mature students who may not have the qualification profile but have other experience and knowledge. All applicants will be required to show a portfolio of creative work.