BA (Hons) Fashion Media & Marketing — Overview
Fashion is an evolutionary and multi-faceted industry that takes innovations in technology and culture as inspiration.
From creative online campaigns and fashion shoots designed to provoke questions about society, through to discussions around retail and how in-store experiences and online shopping are changing the profession – multitudes of processes occur within fashion.
Our Fashion Media & Marketing programme enables you to develop strong conceptual, visual and written communication skills, and explore a broad range of techniques in art direction, styling, photography, film, graphics, retail design, fashion writing, social media and advertising.
This is a practice-based and multidisciplinary programme that prepares you to make your mark in the world of fashion.
It is designed to help talented and self-motivated students become innovators and strategists. Strictly for the fashion curious, this programme allows you to gather intelligence and insight from the cultural landscape, turning it into exciting multi-media communications for print and digital.
You’ll have opportunities for independent collaboration with Film, Photography and Animation students across the college, to create cinemagraphs, animations and rich content for social platforms.
This collaborative attitude combined with an exclusive mix of subject matter covered by our programme ensures that you will have the opportunity to diversify and tailor your learning, so that by graduation your portfolio gets you the career you want.
What will I achieve?
We’ll encourage you to work collaboratively to develop team-working skills and form networks and invaluable relationships with industry and specialist creatives.
By cultivating an original and collaborative approach to fashion communication, you will graduate with a varied portfolio of creative work produced using an array of traditional and digital media, ready for a bright future in the fast-moving fashion industry.
The UK fashion industry is important: it contributes about double the amount to UK GDP as publishing, car manufacturing and chemical manufacturing.
Opportunities for studying abroad are available at our partner institutions, click here for more.
BA (Hons) Fashion Media & Marketing — Highlights:
- Work collaboratively with professionals from the world of image making, fashion publishing and PR.
- Tap into current trends and market insights, with access to global forecasting tools like WGSN and The Future Laboratory.
- Gain experience in professional photo and film shoots using our industry-standard equipment and studios.
- Visit key fashion events including London and Paris Fashion Week.
- Explore a wide range of techniques in art direction, styling, photography, film, graphics, retail design, fashion writing, social media and advertising.
- Develop your own distinctive approach to fashion communication.