Create a "day in the life" vlog for us, and you could win a pair of tickets to this year's Boardmasters.
We’re inviting our students* to create a short vlog for us, and we have some incredible prizes up for grabs, including:
- A pair of Boardmasters Weekend Camping tickets worth £400
- Tickets to a gig at Plymouth Pavilions
- VIP tickets for the Open Air Cinema run by Plymouth Arts Cinema
This vlog competition is open to current students at Plymouth College of Art (aged 18+), and it can be about anything that celebrates your time studying and living in Plymouth - whether it's having a BBQ with your mates or attending a visiting lecturer talk...
We’ll be using the winning video to promote Plymouth College of Art to the next generation of thinkers, makers and creators, so this is your chance to show us all the most inspiring and exciting bits of your life as a student here. Read on for more information on how to submit your competition entry.
DEADLINE: Monday 1 July 2019, 11:59pm
*You must be 18yrs+ to enter this competition and a current student at Plymouth College of Art. You must read the Terms & Conditions in full before entering.
What format should I shoot in?:
- You can shoot this on your smartphone, but it must be shot in HD - 1080p minimum (you can shoot this quality on your phone - iPhone default is usually 1080p - but check your phone specs).
- Landscape format (we will not accept portrait entries).
- Audio: must be clear and crisp. We want to hear your voice!
- File format: MP4 or MOV.
How long should the vlog be?:
- Minimum length: 1min
- Maximum length: 30min (30 minutes is not necessarily what we’re looking for - this is a guideline. Do as much as you feel you need to cover what you’re trying to show us.)
How do I submit my vlog?:
- Upload your vlog to Google Drive and share with email@example.com.
- You can submit up to five separate videos, but they all need to be submitted at the same time, in the same Google Drive folder.
- Make sure you name your files PCAVlog_yourname.
- Please see Terms & Conditions for further information.
What shall I shoot?:
Your video could cover:
- Your favourite parts of the city/places to see
- What you do outside of Uni
- A day in your life studying at Plymouth College of Art
- Your working process - what gets you through a tough studio day, what your favourite part of studying is etc
- Film your own “How To” instructional video using your favourite bit of kit at Uni
- Where you live, halls of residence/student house/flat
- Or anything else you can think of!
What’s not allowed: No foul language, no nudity, no references to alcohol/substance misuse (act like your mum’s gonna see this), no discriminatory or hateful comments/language.
- Read the full Terms & Conditions here.
- Make sure you have a completed, signed Model Release form for anyone featuring in your vlog, click here to download.
- If you have any questions, or if you’re unsure about any parts of the process, then please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.