We want you to tell us what life as a student of an independent art university looks like, celebrating the individuality and creativity of students across all areas of study.
That’s why we’re inviting our students* to create a short vlog as part of an exciting competition with some incredible prizes up for grabs, including a pair of Boardmasters Weekend Camping tickets worth £400, tickets to a gig at Plymouth Pavilions, and VIP tickets for the Open Air Cinema run by Plymouth Arts Cinema.
Do you grab breakfast in The Refectory before heading to lectures, eat lunch at Jakes and then spend the afternoon working in the studio?
Have you booked onto any exciting Workshop Wednesdays? Have you collaborated with students on other courses? Have you done a shoot on location? How do you overcome the challenges that you face each day? What do you look forward to most each week? What’s your favourite place/studio/equipment on campus?
What about your off-campus life? Do you love swimming at Tinside Lido, eating fish and chips on the Barbican, sketching on a day trip, or heading off to hike up on Dartmoor?
This vlog competition is open to current students at Plymouth College of Art (aged 18+), and it can be about anything that celebrates your time studying and living here - whether that’s focusing on your favourite spots to hang out around the city, or your favourite classes to attend - get creative with it.
We’ll be using the winning video to promote Plymouth College of Art to the next generation of thinkers, makers and creators, so this is your chance to show us all the most inspiring and most exciting bits of your life as a student here.
DEADLINE: Monday 17 June 2019, 11:59pm
You must be 18yrs+ to enter this competition and a current student at Plymouth College of Art. You must read the Terms & Conditions in full before entering.
1st place: A pair of General Weekend Camping Boardmasters 2019 tickets (worth £394)
2nd place: A pair of tickets to see a show at Plymouth Pavilions (show TBC)
3rd place: A pair of VIP open air cinema tickets from Plymouth Arts Cinema (film TBC)
- Must be shot in HD - 1080p minimum (you can shoot this quality on your phone - iPhone default is usually 1080p - but check your phone specs).
- Landscape format (we will not accept portrait entries).
- Audio: must be clear and crisp. We want to hear your voice!
- File format: MP4 or MOV.
- Submit your videos via Google Drive to firstname.lastname@example.org, please make sure you name your file PCAVlog_yourname.
- Please include in your submission a word/google document with your name, course, any social media handles and a list of credits (please see Terms & Conditions for further information)
If you have any questions, or if you’re unsure about any parts of the process, then please get in touch with us on email@example.com.
You could also head to the ERC to get an induction on any equipment you may want to use and then book it out, as well as tips or advice on making films, or check out the Workshop Wednesdays programme and see if there are any filmmaking courses running.
- Minimum length: 1min
- Maximum length: 30min
30 minutes is not necessarily what we’re looking for - this is a guideline. Do as much as you feel you need to cover what you’re trying to show us. You can submit 1-5 videos, but they all need to be submitted at the same time, in the same Google Drive folder.
Your video could cover:
- Your favourite parts of the city/places to see
- What you do outside of Uni
- A day in your life studying at Plymouth College of Art
- Your working process - what gets you through a tough studio day, what your favourite part of studying is etc
- Film your own “How To” instructional video using your favourite bit of kit at Uni
- Where you live, halls of residence/student house/flat
- Or anything else you can think of!
What’s not allowed:
- No foul language.
- No nudity.
- No references to alcohol/substance misuse (act like your mum’s gonna see this).
- No discriminatory or hateful comments/language.