We're pleased to announce that we are offering three £10,000 scholarships to support UK graduates to enrol on to one of our Masters programmes.
The college offers a range of Postgraduate degrees – from MA Contemporary Crafts, MA Photography and more – which we are welcoming applications for now.
Our Postgraduate programmes can be studied either full-time (one year) or part-time (two years), and our new Postgraduate Support Scheme is offering £10,000 scholarship to those eligible.
"The Graduate School invites applications from practitioners across a range of creative specialisms in art and design," said Nicky Gilmour, Head of Postgraduate Studies.
"If you have previously studied art practices from Photography to Animation, Game Arts to Costume or Design, Fine Arts or Crafts and others, Plymouth College of Art offers an opportunity for personal concerns arising from these practices to be explored in a supportive environment."
"The bespoke and dynamic atmosphere of this postgraduate community – who all have access to the college's fantastic resources and facilities – offers a rich environment that provides critical, disciplinary, and technical expertise."
PSS Application Criteria
- With the offer of an interview or place on a Plymouth College of Art Masters Programme starting Oct 2015.
- Progressing from an undergraduate programme for which they were charged the higher tuition fees since 2012.
- Undertaking a Masters Programme in any subject.
- Studying full-time or part-time for a maximum of two years.
- Domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU).
- From a group that is evidently under represented among the institution’s taught masters population.
- Progressing from an undergraduate degree in the UK.
- Provide evidence from their undergraduate institution that they have paid the higher rate of fees since 2012
- Have undertaken undergraduate study at an English institution
To support students with:
- Low POLAR measures
- Status as care leaver
- Status as the first in the family to attend higher education
- Receipt of benefits
- Underrepresentation in specific disciplines
- Or who would not be able to undertake postgraduate study without this support
Dates for your diary:
- Monday 8 June - MASTERS APPLICATION DEADLINE (if applying for PSS)
- Thursday 25 June - PSS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Thursday 9 July - PSS Decision panel
- Monday 13 July - Notification of Scholarship Awards
- Tuesday 14 July - Alternative Funding workshop
- Wednesday 2 Sept - Masters application Deadline (if not applying for PSS)
Contacts for further info:
- Dr Nicola Gilmour, Head of Postgraduate Studies – email@example.com / 01752 203434 ext 333
- Susannah Chambers, Head of Admissions – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01752 203434 ext 285
Terms and Agreements
Payment of Programme Fees: deducted prior to study
Payment of Maintenance: 25%, 25%, 50% per term
Non-attendance: Scholarship suspended