Here at Plymouth College of Art we love showing off our state-of-the-art facilities, but know that for some, visiting our campus comes with travel costs. That’s where we would like to assist you.
If you are visiting one of our Open Days or attending an interview with us, we may be able to help out by covering some of your travel expenses.
Who can apply?
Our Travel Bursary is available to any students who have either not registered to start their course yet, or have not accepted a place at Plymouth College of Art yet.
How much can I claim?
Below shows the amount you could claim on travel costs.
- 50-150 miles - up to £40
- 151-250 miles - up to £60
- 251 miles and above - up to £80
If driving, you can claim 45p per mile up to 120 miles, and then 15p thereafter (up to allocated mileage bursary)*
What do I need to do to claim?
- Book a place on one of our Open Days or make an interview booking
- Download our Travel Bursary Claim Form
- Book your travel (remember to keep your receipts!)
- Visit our campus
- Before you leave, hand in your form along with any supporting documents and make sure that a member of our Recruitment Team has signed it off
- Payment will take up to 6 weeks to show up in your account
The important bits...
- Please note that the Travel Bursary is only available for journeys directly to and from Plymouth College of Art.
- Accepting a Travel Bursary does not commit you to accept Plymouth College of Art as your firm or insurance choice. Neither does it guarantee that we will be able to offer you a place, if we have not already done so.
- We can only accept one claim per household.
- All forms must be verified and signed off by a member of the Plymouth College of Art Recruitment Team on the day of the event or interview; we cannot accept any claims post event.
- Plymouth College of Art will not reimburse travel costs for those travelling less than 50 miles (one way).
*Travel costs are calculated on distance travelled to Plymouth College of Art only (one way). This will be determined via Google Maps.