Plymouth College of Art are working in collaboration with Nudge to do a fun marketplace style takeover at The Clipper, the Union Street pub saved from crumbling into disuse by Nudge.
Both current students and graduates from the college were offered the chance to pitch for a space at the takeover event, which will take the form of exhibitions, creative workshops and stalls.
A fun mixture of selling, showcasing and making, the event will also include a car boot sale in The Clipper’s back yard.
Come along to check out:
- Millie Mends - On Friday, bring an item of clothing that you want to repair, and Millie will guide you through the repair as you sit and chat. Then on Saturday, Millie will be running a swap shop so bring some preloved clothing that still has some life in it and you can swap it for something “new to you” from the swap shop!
- No Whey - providing delicious plant-based snacks at the bar
- Rhizome Artists - write a message in a bottle, and see it featured in their “Window Wonderland” display on Friday and Saturday night.
- Union Street - Get involved with this project focusing on debt, run by first year students from BA (Hons) Painting, Drawing & Printmaking who have been inspired by Bank Job.
- 7 + or - 2 - MA Printing student Caroline Wilkins will be running a workshop called ‘7 + or - 2’ a voting system looking at ideas around social justice.
- Ruby Collections - this workshop will look at themes of feminism and creative identity. Run by MA Fine Art student Kate Summerhayes, join in and get creative with some mouldable wax.
- Illustration, Printed Textiles and 3D Design Crafts students will be selling their wares too, as well as exhibiting some work.
- Fine Art students will be doing a fun car boot.
- Portrait workshop - run by a second year BA (Hons) Painting Drawing and Printmaking student, this icebreaker workshop invites people to have a conversation with someone new, whilst painting their portrait.
What: Plymouth College of Art Takeover The Clipper
When: Friday 22 & Saturday 23 March, 12pm - 6pm
Where: The Clipper, 65 Union St, Plymouth, PL1 3LU